Sunday, June 2, 2013

DIY: Crossallover TOTE BAG (Thrifty Time!)

It's June again, and it means! School days are on! Once you're a college student you will always want convenience (like I do) or a shopping day maybe, you will always need to put in or out your things, that's why having a tote bag will totally satisfy your cravings. 
Before summer days comes to an end, why don't you make something that you can use anytime? A tote bag it is. If you have pieces of fabric from a wide leg slacks like I do you can do have a bag like this. (Thrifty Time! Baby!) Previously, I made a DIY: Trendy Shorts (http://endlesspossi.blogspot.com/2013/05/diy-wide-leg-slacks-into-trendy-shorts.html) I have some fabrics left from that same slacks, and thanks to my gorgeous brain I thought of making this one.



What you will need?
Fabric
Sewing tools
Measuring tape
Ruler
Chalk
Scissors
Mutli-Purpose Ink
Sliding Folder /instead of Acetate (less expensive)
Pieces of Scratch Paper
Blade
Sponge

This post is all about recycling materials. Let's be honest here we want to save money, alright. I do too. Always. And some killing time, maybe.  Play some music while doing this! :) Sewing using hands is boring!

For the Tote Bag:
  • Measure the fabrics about 14 inches and always leave an excess of 1 inch. Cut it.
  • Fold the excess, to mark where you will sew (make it easier, use a chalk to trace it)
  • Sew. Follow the chalk
  • Cut 2 of 1 inch fabrics for the handle
  • Sew it and then put it in the body of the bag make sure it is balance
For the print:
  • Draw your design in a piece of scratch paper
  • Trace it in the sliding folder using a blade
  • Lay down you tote bag and make sure to put a plastic inside so it won't mess up things
  • Get your design and lay it in the tote bag, secure the sides with scotch tape.
  • Put the ink on using your sponge 
  • Peel off the folder and YOU'RE DONE! 
Note: It's ok if it mess up a little bit, It's my first so I am not expecting it to be perfect :) 


This is my traced design:
 More info:

"aiheartmak" comes from Aira and Mark, whose actually my boyfriend's name.
It kinda cute and hearty so I used it <3



Make sure to tweet me @imairaberuin, when you got yourself one!
Enjoy :) If you have some questions you can always email me nikxsie06@yahoo.com/gmail.com


Thanks for viewing and reading my post! 
x o x o